This job is currently Archived,
RTR- Revenue Accountant - Temp-Hire - United States
Posted on : 07 June 2017
- Review related Royalty contracts and translate key financial legal terms into best practices Royalty accounting calculations within our ERP.
- Monthly accruals entries and follow-up of all related Royalty payments in collaboration with company's business partners.
- Ensure key operational metrics and SLAs (Royalty payments) are achieved on an on-going basis.
- Prepare revenue sales cut-off entries in accordance with GAAP revenue recognition guidelines.
- Support RTR Revenue Manager with all corporate, internal and external audit PBC requests.
- Insure accurate monthy processes for all Deferred Revenue related accounting entries.
- Understanding of all related Deferred Revenue contracts (Warranty related accounting entries).
- Prepare commission expense/revenue calculations, review/comprehend key terms of associated contracts, prepare monthly accruals, follow-up of all associated commission payments and provide associated reporting to business partners.
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close activities including preparation of journal entries, GL reconciliations, QVR analysis, Q schedules, etc.
- Prepare Revenue and Royalties analytics.
- Support RTR Revenue Manager in driving consistent best in class systems and processes.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining /driving improvements of current processes, as well as documenting current processes.
- Drive and/or participate in new or existing project improvements. Work collaboratively with extended team and other functional groups to drive improvement initiatives and implement changes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills for interacting with other individual team contributors, business partners, and management.
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition accounting guidance, internal controls, and US GAAP accounting required.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Current hands on experience, understanding of accounting Revenue Recognition concepts, multiple-element arrangements (ASC 605 and ASC 605 - 25 (SAB 101 and SAB 104, .ASC 605-25 (EITF 00-21).
- At least 3 years of revenue recognition experience transactional processing in the area of Record-to-Report.
- SAP experience a Plus.