RTR- Revenue Accountant - Temp - United States
- Support ERP Stabilization efforts around the Revenue Recognition and Sales Cutoff process in SAP by reviewing key reports and analyzing the Product Shipment, Deferral of Revenue to revenue recognition process. Create process flow documentation and review current processes around royalty payments, distributor commissions, etc impacted by change of process under new SAP configuration.
- Prepare revenue sales cut-off entries in accordance with GAAP revenue recognition guidelines.
- Participate in Contract Review and identify Revenue Recognition performance obligations to be in compliance with new GAAP guidelines for Revenue Recognition accounting effective January 2018. Draft Accounting memos as required.
- Support Revenue Manager with all corporate, internal and external audit PBC requests.
- Insure accurate monthly processes for all Deferred Revenue related accounting entries. Understanding of all related Deferred Revenue contracts (Warranty related accounting entries).
- Prepare royalty and commission expense/revenue calculations, review/comprehend key terms of associated contracts, prepare monthly accruals, follow-up of all associated royalty/commission payments and provide associated reporting to business partners.
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close activities including preparation of journal entries, GL reconciliations, QVR analysis, Q schedules, etc.
- Prepare Revenue and Royalties analytics.
- Support Revenue Manager in driving consistent best in class systems and processes.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining /driving improvements of current processes, as well as documenting current processes.
- Drive and/or participate in new or existing project improvements. Work collaboratively with extended team and other functional groups to drive improvement initiatives and implement changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Current hands on experience, understanding of accounting Revenue Recognition concepts, multiple-element arrangements (ASC 605 and ASC 605 - 25 (SAB 101 and SAB 104, .ASC 605-25 (EITF 00-21). At least 3 years of revenue recognition experience transactional processing in the area of Record-to-Report. SAP experience a Plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills for interacting with other individual team contributors, business partners, and management.
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition accounting guidance, internal controls, and US GAAP accounting required.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving background.