Royalty Analyst - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and interpret royalty/profit split agreements and as a result, provide guidance to business development for draft versions and translate the final executed versions into royalty calculation reports that ensure accuracy, completeness and conformance to the agreement and internal reporting standards.
- Prepare and analyze monthly royalty calculations for budget, forecast and actual reporting, identifying any variances and resolving issues as needed.
- Maintain the detailed tracking tools and reporting results for royalties while ensuring a consistent and efficient process is followed for each royalty.
- Communicate new scenarios or changes to calculations to site and divisional financial management, contract management and royalty partners when applicable.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive relationship with the royalty partners to ensure compliance to contracts and a high level of service.
- Ensure all paper and electronic royalty documentation is organized to department standards and following the corporate Record Retention Policy
- A completed Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and interpret calculations and contracts while navigating the finite details of the process and data sources and yet provide concise explanations to senior leadership, auditors and business partners.
- Requires strong computer proficiency in Excel and SAP (or similar ERP system) and a preference in having experience with crystal reports (or similar reporting software).
- Three (3) to five (5) years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment and exposure to legal contracts and the budgeting/forecasting process
- Must possess comprehensive understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP)