Rheumatology Specialty Representative Bakersfield Territory - United States
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Inflammation and Immunology (I&I) franchise is working to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for patients suffering from debilitating immune-mediated inflammatory diseases like psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, lupus, systemic sclerosis and more.
The Rheumatology Speciality Representative will be responsible for the promotion, sales and support of company products or services, while achieving all territory sales goals. This territory includes Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Studio City, Burbank, Valencia, Palmdale/Lancaster & Bakersfield.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and manages strong relationships with rheumatologists, medical staff, and other health care professionals in support of product indications.
- Acts as the “face of Celgene” through contact with medical professionals. Maintains superior levels of product, market and formulary information, and translates product features into benefits that meet the specific customer’s needs.
- Highlights the features and benefits of product offered.
- Plans and organizes speaker programs within assigned territory.
- Develops business plans for the territory.
- Communicates openly with peers, supervisors and field counterparts.
- Interprets and delivers competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management.
- Identify and develop business solutions.
- Delivers timely and accurate administrative tasks.
- Ensures compliance with all federal (PDMA/OIG) and state regulations as well as Celgene’s Policies relative to prescription drug sampling.
- Follows all sampling procedures as detailed within Celgene’s Sample Compliance Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years pharmaceutical, medical device or relevant medical sales experience with proven track record demonstrating top sales accomplishments strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop relationships with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff within academic hospitals, clinics, and private practice facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare system processes including reimbursement.
- Possess a strong work ethic, ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Ability to effectively collaborate within a team environment.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.