Revenue Accountant (Temporary) - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market.
- These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain our company’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- We focus on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- Our company remains steadfast to its original mission—to bring new treatments to market that will make a big impact on small patient populations.
- These patient populations are mostly children and these conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose with few, if any, treatment options.
- The Revenue Accountant will work with the Revenue Accounting Manager.
- The scope of work will involve core accounting tasks together with ad hoc projects, process improvements and system implementation/upgrade.
- The Revenue Accountant will also assess and advise on revenue recognition implications of commercial contracts, working with both Legal and Commercial Organisations.
- Journal entry preparation at month-end, including rebate, cash discount & return reserves, bad debt reserves, distributor fee/customer commission accruals, deferred revenue, royalty accruals and intercompany JE’s as necessary.
- Review newly executed customer contracts for revenue recognition and draft summary documentation for internal & audit review.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for revenue related receivable and liability accounts, including relevant analysis of variations and operational/business drivers.
- Perform ad hoc projects/tasks as requested.
- Preparation and review of monthly financials reports.
- Review product sales invoices & oversee their distribution to customers. Oversee customer billing inquiries to ensure they are being resolved in a timely manner.
- Microsoft Office including a good working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience using an integrated ERP system, e.g. Oracle or SAP.
- 2 years PQE but will also consider high performing newly qualified accountants.
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA Qualified with minimum 3 years’ experience in practice or industry.
- US GAAP Revenue Recognition experience including interpretation and application in practice would be advantageous but is not essential.