This job is currently Archived,
Research Technician to Support the New Laboratory of Sleep and Synaptic Plasticity - Belgium
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- The Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the company Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University , which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities. At our Center, researchers study the basic mechanisms of the central nervous system and related diseases.
- Our lab employs multi-disciplinary approaches, including Drosophila genetics, behavior analysis, electrophysiology, functional imaging, and neural circuit mapping and manipulation, to study the basic mechanisms underlying sleep and its function in the brain.
- The research technician will help us establish the lab and will support the team in daily research.
- The successful candidate is expected to perform molecular cloning, Drosophila stock maintenance, fruitfly genetics, behavior screening and immunohistochemistry.
- He/She will also be responsible for aspects of lab organization such as lab maintenance, orderings, and overseeing biosafety requirements.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant scientific or engineering field is required.
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Molecular cloning
- Drosophila genetics
- Animal behavior research
- MATLAB programming
- Te successful candidate must be meticulous, detail-oriented and self-motivated, and able to interact well with other members of the research team.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Open-ended contract, competitive salary and benefits.
- Starting Date: the position is immediately available.