Research Technician / Scientist: Development of Novel In Vitro Tools for CNS - Belgium
- At our Center, researchers study the cellular mechanisms of health and disease in the central nervous system.
- The successful candidate will work on a joint industry-funded project run between the Holt and De Wit labs on a 50/50 basis.
- Your responsibilities will be to design and clone viral vector plasmids, produce high titer AAV to drive cell type-specific gene expression, and apply these tools to novel primary culture systems consisting of neurons and astrocytes.
- You possess at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- A FELASA B license for animal work is an advantage.
- Experience with cloning, viral vector production and primary cultures is a must.
- You must be able to accurately compile and document your work - and help in the interpretation of results.
- You must be meticulous, detail-oriented, independent and self-motivated, yet be able to interact well with other members of the research team, including industrial scientists.
- You are eager to expand your skills - including taking responsibility for aspects of lab management.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment, working on a joint project with an industrial partner
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position is initially for 2 years, with the possibility of extension
- Starting Date: as soon as possible