(initial 12 month contract)
- Our company is a Swiss drug discovery and development company, focused on the creation of antibody-based drugs for the targeted treatment of inflammatory diseases, immune-related disorders, and cancer.
- The pipeline is a balance of preclinical and clinical compounds, specific for clinically validated and novel targets.
- Four of these compounds are currently in early clinical development with the anti-IFNg monoclonal antibody program, most advanced, at Phase 2/3, for the orphan drug indication Hemaphagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH).
- Our company is having an opportunity for a Research Technician in the Exploratory Science and Translational Medicine (ESTM) department, working within an innovative, fast-paced, biotech environment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Methods for pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and immunogenicity assays
- Testing of clinical samples: Perform the tracking and testing of clinical samples following GLP and GCP guidelines.
- Transfer and validation of assays: Perform experimental studies on ELISA platforms, analyze data and present results in an autonomous manner.
- Laboratory organisation and Quality Assurance (QA)
- Follow all laboratory procedures and demonstrate a co-operative, team spirit in the laboratory.
- Create appropriate QA documents to support validation and testing phases for the Bio analytical assays.
- Improve the laboratory’s organization including participation in the drafting of the clinical laboratory QA manual and audit of laboratory.
- Participate in meetings with the QA Manager in order to optimize the laboratory QA documentation.
- Work with QA team to establish macros for all groups within the ESTM department.
- Supervise, perform and optimize weekly/monthly maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor the follow-up of reagents process including ordering, destruction and long term storage.
Skills and competencies:
- Experience in performing ELISA assays and data analysis.
- Good communication, organization, rigor and tracking skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of regulations for working in a GLP/GCP-like environment.
- Competent in intermediate written and spoken English.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Position may require some flexibility in working hours as required by business needs.
- Swiss resident or EU national.