For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experiencedResearch Technician II for our Safety Assessment site located in Shrewsbury, MA.
Serve as lead/primary technician for multiple basic and complex in-life studies simultaneously. Collect and record data with minimal supervision in the performance of studies. Responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting. Administer test substances by various basic and intermediate methods. Serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Technician II position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in animal or life sciences or related discipline.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience in animal research and/or husbandry; multi-species experience preferred or must have fully satisfied technical and experience requirements for the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the LAT level preferred.
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory species. Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals. Understanding of routine study design and protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet