Research Technician II - Scheduler - United States
Charles River (company)
Responsible for generating study schedules using information provided by study protocols, management and maintaining department schedules as required.Schedule all protocol-required tasks for studies, ensuring proper placement of employees into specific study activities based on competency and responsibilities. Additionally, schedule employee department and global trainings, and manage the department level study schedule and resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a study and master schedule for the department by interpreting study protocols and/or study designs to generate draft schedules
- Revise draft and final schedule as requested by Study Directors and/or Study Supervisors
- Merge and update study schedules to include changes dictated by an authoritative source (i.e.: Study Directors, supervisors, protocols). Maintain and update physical and electronic schedules, documenting all changes for files
- Create and maintain study folders on shared network drive
- Update schedule changes for weekly scheduling meeting
- Deliver schedules, correspondence, and other forms to Study Directors, supervisors, and other personnel
- Verify with Study Supervisor study start and end dates
- Support Study Supervisors, Research Associates and Team Leaders in the scheduling of all protocol-required tasks for studies
- Liaison with other departments in order to coordinate logistical challenges associated with the timing and collection of study-required tasks
- Assist in monitoring procedural metrics to determine accuracy and relevance to study type and operational processes.
- Observe study related activities with the technical staff and become familiar with study related processes as needed.
- Verification and posting of all generated schedules
- Organization of all after-hours tasks (i.e., overtime posting)
- Assist in the monitoring (attendance tracking)/scheduling of global training sessions
- Troubleshoot logistical challenges associated with workload and study execution
- Be available to assist technicians with scheduling rearrangements in times of need (e.g., late doses, call-outs)
- Assist in special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet