Research Technician I Horsham United States,
Charles River (company)
Generate and record data with minimal supervision in the performance of studies. Responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting. Administer test substances by various basic methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform in-life technical procedures (e.g., clipping, handling, binding, removals, body weight, dosing).
- Administer test substances by various basic methods (e.g., oral gavage).
- Input, print and edit computer entries (e.g., in life numbers, body weights, food consumption and clinical observation)
- Under supervision may act as lead/primary technician on basic studies.
- Observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Collect and record research data and biological specimens in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Retrieve and view Standard Operating Procedures using appropriate database.
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas (e.g: laboratory area, primary enclosures, animal exam ares).
- Receive animals (e.g., general health observation, sexing and identification) of all species, if applicable for the site.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Find a Job Find Candidates