This job is currently Archived,
Research Technician I - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 19 May 2017
- For nearly 70 years, our employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- We are seeking an experienced Research Technician I for our Safety Assessment site.
- Collect and record data with minimal supervision in the performance of studies.
- Responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting.
- Administer test substances by various basic methods.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Technician I position.
- Perform in-life technical procedures (e.g., clipping, handling, binding, removals, body weight, dosing).
- Administer test substances by various basic methods (e.g., oral gavage).
- Input, print and edit computer entries (e.g., in life numbers, body weights, food consumption and clinical observation).
- Under supervision may act as lead/primary technician on basic studies.
- Observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Collect and record research data and biological specimens in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Retrieve and view SOPs using appropriate database.
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas (e.g.: laboratory area, primary enclosures, animal exam areas).
- Receive animals (e.g., general health observation, sexing and identification) of all species, if applicable for the site.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
About Safety Assessment Business
- Our company is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance.
- From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market.
- Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet