Research Technician - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Center for Medical Biotechnology (CMB) is embedded within our company.
- CMB’s focus is to develop new and innovative molecular tools and technologies to challenge human health problems.
- The Center translates its novel technologies and insights to widely applicable research tools, vaccines, diagnostics and pharmaceuticals.
- CMB also educates and trains the next generation of medical biotechnology researchers and informs the public on the impact of biotechnology on human health.
- The main focus of the lab is aimed towards developing innovative bio molecular technologies to enable novel approaches to study, diagnose and treat disease.
- We are currently looking for a highly motivated lab technician to support our research projects, focusing on the next generation of bio pharmaceuticals.
- The successful applicant will primarily focus on recombinant protein expression in mammalian cells, protein purification and characterization, in addition to supporting cell line development.
Knowledge / Experience:
- You have a bachelor's degree in biomedical / biotechnological laboratory techniques
- You have preferably 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- You are fluent in written and spoken English (all communication within the team and all the lab notes are in English)
- You have a good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A proven track record in protein expression, purification and characterization and / or genetic engineering is a must
- A Felasa B certificate and experience with mouse models of disease are a plus.
Skills / Attitudes:
- You can work independently and show flexibility in your work
- You are well-organized, with a can-do mentality
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy working in an application-oriented research team