Research Technician Assistant - United States
- Observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Collect and record research data and biological specimens in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform basic in-life technical procedures upon completion and sign-off of specific skill training. (e.g., clipping, handling, binding, removals, body weight, dosing).
- May perform dosing tasks.
- Perform computer input under supervision.
- Read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Retrieve and view SOPs using appropriate database.
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas (e.g. laboratory area, primary enclosures, animal exam areas).
- Receive animals (e.g. general health observation, sexing and identification) of all species, if applicable for the site.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.).
- Experience: 0-6 months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory animal species. Basic knowledge of GLP regulations preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity