This job is currently Archived,
Research Technician Assistant Reno United States,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 31 March 2017
Collect and record data in the performance of studies. Responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Collect and record research data and biological specimens in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform basic in-life technical procedures upon completion and sign-off of specific skill training. (e.g., clipping, handling, binding, removals, body weight, dosing).
- May perform dosing tasks.
- Perform computer input under supervision.
- Read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Retrieve and view SOPs using appropriate database.
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas (e.g. laboratory area, primary enclosures, animal exam areas).
- Receive animals (e.g. general health observation, sexing and identification) of all species, if applicable for the site.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.).
- Experience: 0-6 months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory animal species. Basic knowledge of GLP regulations preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates