Research / Sr. Research Scientist, Antibody Discovery - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Incyte Corporation is a Wilmington, Delaware-based biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary therapeutics, primarily for oncology. Our first commercial product, Jakafi?, is approved in the U.S. for patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis and for patients with polycythemia vera who have had an inadequate response to or are intolerant of hydroxyurea. We have a diverse and growing portfolio of product candidates, including both small and large molecules.
Over the last two years Incyte has established a partnership alliance with Agenus for the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies in the area of Immuno-oncology. This has resulted in the initiation of two clinical development programs and a number of discovery research programs. Recently, the commitment to therapeutic antibodies was reinforced by signing a broad collaboration with Merus B.V. for the discovery and development of bispecific therapeutic antibodies in the area of oncology.
This candidate will be a part of an in vivo antibody discovery group. He/she will be responsible for tissue culture and molecular biology assays in support of antibody discovery for therapeutic applications.
- Plan, perform, analyze, and document laboratory experiments in support of antibody discovery
- Sort and culture primary cells by FACS
- Analyze samples by ELISA and various functional assays
- Clone and sequence antibody genes
- Prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Maintain laboratory instruments
- Degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or related life sciences field
- BS/MS with a minimum of 5 years of laboratory experience
- Minimum 2 years of antibody discovery experience
- Knowledge and hands-on-experience with tissue culture, molecular biology, cloning, sequencing, and flow cytometry is required
- Experience with B cell cultures or hybridomas is preferred
- Experience with antibody cloning or NGS is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to document and summarize complex data
- Flexible and enthusiastic in a fast paced biotech
- Strong organization, communication, and computer skills