Research Specialist III - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Initiation of oncology studies: shaving and enrollment of animals on study, tumor implantation
- Dosing of animals via IP, PO, IV, SC or intra-tumoral injection routes at intervals required by study, including weekends and holidays.
- Dosing of chemical or biohazardous agents
- Weighing animals; tumor measurement
- Good recordkeeping and documentation skills
- Entering and analyzing data
- Organizing and performing study takedown: euthanizing animals and performing necropsy
- Collecting and processing tissues and blood following required procedures; submit samples to other departments for analysis
- Provide assistance on PK studies and with hybridoma blood collections and immunizations
- Read assigned literature; complete training in timely fashion
- Provide guidance and training to Research Specialist II as needed
- Coordinate activities with other team members
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Master’s degree or higher in related field
- Experience: 5 years of progressive experience in a laboratory environment and a general understanding of pre-clinical drug development. Preferred: 2 years of progressive experience in a cancer research organization. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Reliable and conscientious, detail oriented, good written and verbal communication skills. Focus on excellence, constant improvement of skills and knowledge providing reliable and reproducible data. Able to understand and adhere to SOP’s, written and established procedures, and to follow EHS requirements. Extensive research experience working with rodents in the conduct of experimental protocols
Equal Employment Opportunity