For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced research Specialist in Pharmacology & Discovery Services for our Safety Assessment site located in Ashland, OH.
Responsible for providing support as necessary for the overall conduct of selected nonclinical safety pharmacology studies. Responsible for the coordination and conduct of the in-life portion of cardiovascular safety studies, and management of the data associated with cardiovascular safety studies that utilize JET (jacketed external telemetry) and/or radio telemetry.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Specialist position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in science or related discipline.
- Experience: 3 years related experience in the conduct of nonclinical studies and technical experience in the conduct of GLP non-clinical studies. Experience in the operation of physiological monitoring equipment in a GLP-compliant facility.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines. Scientific data processing experience in the presentation of nonclinical study data. Experience with spreadsheets/data-bases and word-processing computer software programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet