Research/Senior Scientist, Immunohistochemist - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system.
- With more than 7,700 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 3.9 billion in 2015.
- Our company recently recognised as the best employer with the Cogent Life Science Awards, is a fast growing global company with an investment of more than 25% of revenue in cutting-edge scientific research to meet unmet patient needs.
- We have a passionate, long-term commitment to discovering and developing innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
- A position is available for a graduate level immunohistochemist with substantial experience in a range of histological and immunohistochemical techniques.
- Your expertise will be applied to support the target biology and indication selection activities of our portfolio of pre-clinical and early development projects.
- You will join a structured career development programme designed to enhance your technical and scientific skills and equip you for a career in industry and drug discovery.
- There will be early opportunities to make an impact by working in small scale teams where your contribution will be clearly visible and most importantly, will help bring solutions to transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
- Experience in tissue processing, working with FFPE and frozen tissues and in developing multi-antigen staining protocols is required.
- Familiarity with in situ hybridisation techniques such as RNAscope and image analysis would be advantageous. Training can also be provided.
- Successful candidates will be working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment, able to apply their skills to influence projects across a spectrum of immune disease areas.
- For all roles, excellent communication skills, team working and the flexibility to work in new and challenging areas are required.
- Key attributes also include a pro-active approach, strong team ethic and the ability to build relationships and work effectively across functions.
Job Segment: Scientific, Lab Technician, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Engineering, Healthcare, Research