Research/Senior Scientist, Cellular & Translational Immunology - United Kingdom
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system.
- With more than 7,700 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 3.9 billion in 2015.
- Our company recently recognised as the best employer with the Cogent Life Science Awards, is a fast growing global company with an investment of more than 25% of revenue in cutting-edge scientific research to meet unmet patient needs.
- We have a passionate, long-term commitment to discovering and developing innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
- Increase our understanding of the complex biology of drug - target mechanisms and pathways.
- Understand these mechanisms in the context of human diseases and how these data can be used to identify the right patients.
- Aid target validation studies.
- Enable selection of final candidate therapeutic molecules and drive the biology around the mechanism of action.
- You will join a structured career development programme designed to enhance your technical and scientific skills and equip you for a career in industry and drug discovery. There will be early opportunities to make an impact by working in small scale teams where your contribution will be clearly visible and most importantly, will help bring solutions to transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
- Expertise in a wide variety of immune cell assays.
- Familiarity with multiplex assay systems.
- Development of cell-based co-culture, organoid or 3D model systems.
- Application of your skill sets across a variety of disease areas, particularly SLE and other rheumatic autoimmune diseases.
- Ability to build external networks with academic and clinical groups.
- Potential to champion a new therapeutic target and/or mentor junior members of the team within the lab.
- Successful candidates will be working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment, able to apply their skills to influence projects across a spectrum of immune disease areas.
- For all roles, excellent communication skills, team working and the flexibility to work in new and challenging areas are required.
- Key attributes include a pro-active approach, strong team ethic and the ability to build relationships and work effectively across functions.
- Positions are available at graduate and PhD levels.
- Graduates should possess a BSc in Immunology or related discipline with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Completion of a placement year in industry or appropriate work experience would be highly advantageous.
Job Segment: Scientific, Immunology, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Engineering, Healthcare, Research