Research Scientist, Transporter & Permeability Analysis - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- This position is responsible for conducting transporter experiments and providing Caco-2 permeability analysis of compounds to support discovery efforts.
- Candidate should have expertise in the role of transporters in drug absorption and disposition and must have hands-on experience with transporter assays using various in vitro and in vivo models.
- Conduct various in vitro transporter experiments such as uptake and inhibition assays, trans cellular transport assays, vesicle transport assays and ATPase assays using transfected cell lines and membrane vesicles.
- Maintain Caco-2 cells and provide permeability data to support discovery efforts. Report data weekly to project teams.
- Conduct experiments using radio chemicals and analytical techniques including LC-MS/MS in particular.
- Write study reports to support IND submission for transporter and in vitro permeability studies when needed.
- BS/MS or equivalent in Life Sciences.
- 5+ years related transporter and permeability study experience.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with LC/MS/MS is a plus.
- Experience with automation studies is a plus.
- Be able to quickly adapt to the study setting and conduct permeability experiment as well as generate data within three weeks of employment.