Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
The Research Scientist is responsible for leading research and innovation projects supporting product development for Solvay Specialty Polymers.
• Maintain a safe work environment for self and others
• Develop and characterize new materials aligned with targeted requirements.
• Work with Sales/Marketing/Technical Development, customers, and suppliers to commercialize new materials.
• Develop materials with new and innovative property profiles to accelerate growth
• Provide technical support and technology transfer to plant operations.
• Assist in the review and monitoring of patent/scientific literature relevant to business management.
• Facilitate the development and professional growth of assigned technician(s)
• Any other duties required by the business
• Ph.D. in materials, polymer science, engineering or related fields.
• Experience with high temperature, engineering thermoplastics.
• Strong technical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Strong communications skills (oral and written)
• Demonstrated leadership ability