This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- Advanced Bionics is a global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world.
- Always focused on innovations that improve quality of life, AB has consistently made the industry s leading advancements in hearing technology.
- In fact, with six sound coding programs, we offer more ways to hear than any other cochlear implant company.
- Our company is part of the company, the leading provider of hearing healthcare solutions and parent company, the leading hearing instrument brand.
- As an AB employee, you will contribute to advancing biomedical technology worldwide and work on challenging projects with smart, driven, friendly people.
- AB provides thriving work environments around the globe; each fosters creativity, teamwork, global competitiveness, and professional growth.
- Experience the professional and personal fulfillment that comes with making a difference in people s lives. Apply to Advanced Bionics today.
The Research and Technology Group at Advanced Bionics is looking for a Research Scientist to work on techniques and applications of physiological signals as they relate to cochlear implants.
- The candidate will join a group of scientists, engineers and audiologists dedicated to taking performance with the cochlear implant to the next level.
- We collaborate closely with the product teams to ensure that our research touches the latest technology, while maintaining independence to pursue long-range projects. The group takes a collaborative approach whereby projects are pursued in groups of people with necessary expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to manage a research program, or to contribute to an existing research program, to evaluate concepts of how measurements of physiological signals can be integrated into practice of cochlear implants.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of prototype hardware and software for recording of various physiological potentials.
- Responsible to collaborate with external centers to conduct animal and/or human experiments.
- Preparation of technical documents and support intellectual property development. Where appropriate, prepare manuscripts for publication.
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Hands-on, action-oriented, with good analytical & experimental work habits. Attention to detail. Good interaction with other team members.
- Strong knowledge of signal processing techniques as they apply to measurement of physiological signals.
- Strong understanding of design of data acquisition systems and amplifiers for measurement of physiological systems.
- Knowledge of auditory physiology.
- Hands on experience with MATLAB, C#, and other high-level computing environments/languages a plus.
- Should enjoy working in team while demonstrating the initiative and ability to take on and solve problems outside of the individual s area of technical expertise.
- Capable of working independently with high level input and limited guidance.
Education and Training
Ideal candidate would have a Ph.D. and/or Post-doctorate in a field of bio-engineering/neuroscience, with a strong focus on techniques of measurement of physiological signals.Another strong possibility is a candidate with a Masters in electrical or computer engineering in the area of instrumentation, followed by 4 years of industry/research experience in a related area.
Valencia CA USA
Find a Job Find Candidates