We are seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join the Bioprocess Characterisation department within the Research and Technical Development (RTD) team in Nottingham, UK. You will be expected to work both independently and within a multi-functional team, and will be responsible for developing immunological assays for the detection of molecules within pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies, detection of process contaminants and to evaluate the binding of clinical candidates you may also develop or liaise with CROs on the development of Anti-Drug Antibody assays. You will be expected to develop these assays and validate/qualify them to a suitable level for the study. You may need to liaise with appropriate CROs performing these studies organising both the internal and external experimentation. You will need to analyse the data generated from these investigations and present conclusions and recommendations both internally and externally.
- Recent PhD or BSc with at least 3 years’ experience in a relevant setting
- Expert in developing immunological assays such as sandwich ELISA, ideally with a view of monitoring products within pharmacokinetic studies
- Knowledge of validating/qualifying immunological assays.
- Familiarisation with Anti-Drug Antibody assays would be advantageous.
- Familiarisation with AlphaLISA technology would be advantageous.
- cGLP and cGMP awareness useful.
- Ability to work independently to deadlines, be flexible to changing priorities and be comfortable multitasking.
- Good communication and presentation skills, and in depth knowledge of research area
The successful candidate will work as part of a fast moving multi-disciplinary RTD team that has close interaction with a broad range of other departments. The candidate will work closely with other members of the Bioprocess Characterisation department in developing immunological bases assays for both detection and potentially affinity. They are also likely to liaise with other departments such as Clinical Development, Marketing and Commercial. In addition to working to deadlines the candidate must be flexible to changing priorities, be comfortable multitasking and be a team player with good communication and scientific writing skills.
Albumedix helps biopharmaceutical companies improve patient outcomes with a range of albumin-based products and technologies that facilitate the development of superior biotherapeutics.
Albumedix develops albumin-based products and technologies for advanced drug and vaccine formulation, extended drug half-life and improved drug delivery. Our products and technologies are used in clinical and marketed drugs and out-licensed to pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide. With over 25 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, we have the scientific, technical and regulatory expertise needed to support companies in moving faster to market with superior biotherapeutics. We also use this expertise to strengthen our own drug pipeline. Albumedix is a global company and a fully owned subsidiary of Novozymes.