This job is currently Archived,
Research Scientist, Mass Spectometry/Biophysics Slough United Kingdom,
Posted on : 21 March 2017
- Our company aspires to be the Patient Centric global Bio pharmaceutical leader, transforming the lives of people with severe diseases.
- Due to the significant growth within our New Medicines group we are now looking for an exceptional and talented Research Scientist to strengthen our capabilities.
- The Biophysics/Biochemistry Group is responsible for the screening of large panels of different humanized therapeutic candidates from our novel and propriety antibody discovery technology.
- This is achieved using a suite of biophysical/biochemical assays and techniques to select robust therapeutic candidates that are stable during manufacture and storage.
- We are seeking a high calibre, laboratory-based candidate, with expertise in mass spectrometry, who can quickly integrate into this highly motivated and focused team.
- Analyse intact, folded antibody/protein molecules using different mass spectrometry methods across a number of research projects and applications.
- Identify and flag susceptible post-translational modifications (both in vitro and in the presence of serum) which could impact on product stability.
- Validate n silico prediction packages for hydrophobic/charge patch mapping to predict aggregation stability.
- Set up and drive N terminal sequencing using mass spectrometry.
- Work flexibly and share expertise with other users of state of the art mass spectrometry equipment (orbitrap, ion mobility, QTOF, MALDI-TOF) embedded in a wider mass spectrometry community within company Research.
- Take on a scientific leadership role of mass spectrometry expertise within the Biophysics group, having a positive impact on project progression.
- Contribute to the development of novel technology in the Biophysics team.
- Act as an ambassador for company by proactively communicating science externally via oral communications at scientific meetings and through publications in peer reviewed scientific journals.
- A Post graduate/PhD with experience of hands-on mass spectrometry characterisation of antibody/protein molecules using a range of different equipment, preferably within an industrial or highly regarded academic laboratory in a Biophysics/ Biochemistry environment.
- Proven track record of publications related to mass spectrometry applications in peer reviewed, high quality science journals.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent attention to detail and critical data analysis skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills with proven ability to deliver to tight timelines.
- Flexibility in learning new techniques including biophysical / biochemical analysis skills, particularly to corroborate mass spectrometry analysis.
- Excellent communication and team-working ability.
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Scientific, Research Scientist, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Research
Slough United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates