Research Scientist Johnston United States,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
DuPont Pioneer is the world s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics to farmers in more than 90 countries. Our mission to maximize productivity of the world s farmland is based on and enabled by world class science and multi-disciplinary research that is conducted by more than 1000 researchers world-wide.
For our growing efforts in Data Science and Informatics (DSI), we are expanding our high performance computing team and are currently looking for a Research Scientist preferably with experience in supporting research and scientific computing. This role is based in Johnston, IA and will support efforts across research, including in the areas of Plant Breeding the backbone of DuPont Pioneer, including data analysis, as well as other fast-paced research areas exploring and developing new technologies and strategies to deliver the next generation of plant research and beyond.
- Manage a team of national and international staff, including carrying out necessary HR tasks and assisting performance & development planning.
- Interface with Research Leadership to ensure DSI support strategies are aligned with the needs and expectations in Latin America.
- Collaborate with DSI & Research groups globally to ensure necessary & appropriate systems and applications are in place in Latin America.
- Collaborate with software development staff to provide solutions, validating and testing newly developed software.
- Deliver exemplary training and support in the use of software and database applications.
- Facilitate information management by analyzing research needs and providing ad-hoc data analysis and reporting.
- Generate alternative solutions for the IM needs of researchers through imaginative use of exiting tools.
- Provides IM solutions to researchers within and across projects by identifying problems and opportunities impacting research goals.
- Up to 20% of national and international travel for trainings, deployments, and meetings is possible.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Ph.D. in Plant genetics/Plant breeding, Agronomy, Information Management, Statistics, Computer Science or related field.
- M.S. degree in Plant genetics/Plant breeding, Agronomy, Information Management or equivalent amount of relevant education and experience with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the agricultural industry is preferred but not required.
Competencies & Experience Desired:
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills, verbal and written, with internal and external audiences.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Passion for collaboration and working with and inspiring cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Capable of working with complex quantities of data and analyses, including the ability to extract, summarize, and report large amounts of data using software tools
- Experience with people management with global, diverse talent.
- Experience in data management, analysis and reporting tools.
- Experience in strategy development and strategic leadership in R&D or business environments.
- Knowledge of work flow processes and process improvement.
- Experience or expertise in field-based breeding of hybrid & varietal crops, genetic mapping or molecular breeding, plant pathology, agronomy.
- Knowledge and experience in global business application/ digital product development, deployment and support.
- Familiarity with information security of a Research organization.
- Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, and Portuguese is desirable.
Find a Job Find Candidates