This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 07 June 2017
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first.
- We re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The successful candidate will join a small team of computational biologists and software engineers developing and leveraging various computational tools to support cutting edge approaches for biopharmaceutical discovery and development.
- This position is responsible for the informatics analytics and software development to support approaches of bio pharmaceuticals discovery and development.
- This position collaborates with global Research IT team, supports the implementation of biopharmaceutical informatics solutions across multiple company sites.
- The successful candidate will leverage their knowledge of biology, protein science, informatics, problem solving, analytical techniques and strong software development skills to:Foster collaborations with scientists and Indianapolis to design and implement workflow automation for data manipulation.
- Working with automation and assay development group, provide IT/informatics solution for instrument data extraction, data analysis, visualization, and reporting. Create standard data models, design and build knowledge base of biopharmaceutical; interface with core development team; design and implement solution to optimize data flow.
- Develop, implement and support novel informatics solutions for scientists to drive the interrogation of bio pharmaceuticals data for speedy decision making.Research, investigate sequence analysis algorithm for next generation sequencing pipeline; integrate with internal pipeline.
- PhD in computer science, biology, bioinformatics or computational biology.Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Experienced in bioinformatics technologies, such as sequence alignment, clustering and blasting, Splicing, Next Generation Sequencing.Knowledge in assay development and lab automation is highly desired.
- Proficient in one of the programming language such as PHP, Perl, Python, RProficient in Unix/Linux OS and shell scripting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently to analyze customer requirements and design solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Agile learner and self-motivated team player.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical company or life science industry is desired.
- Our company credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people.
- A company rich in heritage, our employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide.
- By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
- Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
California United States
Find a Job Find Candidates