This job is currently Archived,
Research Scientist - In vivo Immunology - United Kingdom
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system.
- With more than 7,700 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 4.2 billion in 2016.
- Our company is a fast growing global company with an investment of more than 25% of revenue in cutting-edge scientific research to meet unmet patient needs.
- We have a passionate, long-term commitment to discovering and developing innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
A background in immunology/inflammation is essential together with relevant in vivo expertise. Your skills will help drive our research activities to:
- Increase our understanding of the complex biology of drug - target mechanisms/pathways and disease relationships.
- Aid target validation.
- Enable selection of final candidate therapeutic molecules and explore their mechanism of action.
- You will join an experienced team to aid the development of your technical and scientific skills to support a career in industry and drug discovery.
- There will be opportunities to make an impact by working in small project teams where your contribution will be clearly visible and most importantly, will help bring solutions to transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
- Working knowledge of immune & inflammatory diseases.
- Expertise in relevant in vivo models of pathological mechanisms and disease.
- Application of your skill sets across a variety of immune disease areas.
- Potential to develop and characterise novel in vivo models of disease processes.
- Successful candidates will be working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment, able to apply their skills to influence projects across a spectrum of immune disease areas.
- For all roles, excellent communication skills, team working and the flexibility to work in new and challenging areas are required.
- Key attributes include a pro-active approach, strong team ethic and the ability to build relationships and work effectively across functions.
- Positions are available at graduate and PhD levels.
- Graduates should possess a BSc in Pharmacology, Immunology or a related discipline with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Completion of a placement year in industry or appropriate work experience would be advantageous.
Job Segment: Scientific, Immunology, Pathology, Research Scientist, Engineering, Healthcare, Science, Research