This job is currently Archived,
Research Scientist In Vitro ADME - Belgium
Posted on : 02 February 2017
- We aspire to be the Patient Centric global biopharmaceutical leader transforming the lives of people with severe diseases and need exceptional individuals to achieve this goal.
- We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change, who want to make a difference and deliver results.
Nature and Scope:
- In vitro ADME senior scientist is a scientific position within the Global iADME group, responsible for the overall ADME contribution to NCE projects from early discovery to submission.
- The individual will contribute to project progression by providing expert opinion on in vitro ADME issues and translation to in vivo as well as to humans.
- An expert knowledge in in vitro ADME is key for this position.
- The in vitro ADME scientist will work closely with project representatives from DMPK and Toxicology as well as with chemists in the early stages up to candidate and with clinical pharmacologists in the late stage projects. The incumbent will also champion and develop new scientific strategic directions and guide development of new assays.
Major Accountabilities :
- Identifying, developing, setting up and validating new in vitro assays according to the recent advance in ADME field
- Performing mechanistic, bespoke studies to answer specific question of projects
- Suggesting assay/assay format
- Designing of assay
- Interpretation of data
- Communication of results and interpretation directly to project team
- Reporting according to SOPs
- Developing external network and participating in external collaboration (University centers, consortium, …)
- Integration of in vitro data and prediction of drug absorption, CNS exposure and/or drug-drug interaction profile of new chemical entities using Modeling &Simulation tools
- Participating the prediction of human PK, based on in vitro data
- Using small “In house” built PBPK model/s for in vitro data interpretation and relating to in vivo PK
- Identifying the right strategy to address specific issues related to in vitro ADME field.
- Participating in the international visibility of the laboratory (publication, oral presentation, posters, …)
- Identifying and selecting the appropriate CROs for externalized activities. Supervise and maintain positive business relationship with them
- Supervising/guiding students and/or junior in vitro ADME scientist
- Having good bio-analytical knowledge for in vitro samples analysis
- Having strong expertise in enzymology to guide biotransformation scientist and actively contribute to the overall understanding of the metabolic routes of NCEs
- PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical sciences, biochemistry or related areas with 3-5 years experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Strong Knowledge of in vitro and in vivo ADME in general or in a specific field (drug absorption, gut metabolism, enzymology, biological barriers, transporters-mediated clearance or DDI, …)
- Hands-on experience in in vitro ADME assays (hepatocytes, CYP450/transporter phenotyping, CYP inhibition, CYP induction, transporters, intrinsic clearance, cell cultures…) is mandatory
- Basic experience on LC/MS/MS experience is mandatory
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines associated to the field.
- Though environment is French speaking, ability to speak fluently in English is mandatory
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES & SKILLS :
- Proficient in communication with impact.
- Excellent self-organization
- Good intercultural understanding.
- Motivated, engaged
- Autonomous in decision-making, issue solving and critical mindset
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Toxicology, Chemical Research, Science, Engineering