Serve as a scientist in the conduct of assigned nonclinical research studies of moderate to high complexity, to include study management, interpretation and reporting of study data, and assuring the regulatory compliance of these projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function independently as a study director in the direction and execution of assigned studies in compliance with GLP regulations as they apply to the conduct of nonclinical research.
- Participate in and coordinate all phases of the study planning process with appropriate departments.
- Generate high-quality protocols, amendments, and reports appropriate for assigned studies.
- Review, interpret, integrate, and present data on assigned studies with minimal assistance.
- Function independently as contact for the planning and execution of sponsor interaction related to assigned studies, including proposal management and study scheduling, conduct and reporting.
- Assist in the oversight of the laboratory and mentor technical staff in areas such as protocol interpretation, method development and refinement, study-related problem resolution, and technique validation.
- Review reports for peers as needed.
- Provide technical and scientific guidance to the research staff.
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
- May supervise research and/or scientific staff, as appropriate for scope of responsibilities.
- Perform testing facility management duties for the site as delegated by senior management.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or PhD/DVM preferred.
Find a Job Find Candidates