This job is currently Archived,
Research Scientist I - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 14 May 2017
The individual in this position will be involved in the operation of the in vivo laboratory, working in close cooperation with Principal Scientists, management, and other staff members. This position requires the individual to work in a fast-paced environment where commitment to teamwork, quality data and speed is essential. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of position levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with organizing, ordering and maintaining an inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Ensure that raw data records are accurate, complete, and in appropriate order.
- Ability to inventory, package and transfer/ship samples both internally and to clients.
- Assist with sample tube/container labeling and preparation.
- Ability to prepare vehicles and formulations with assistance, for use on study.
- Independently perform routine sample processing procedures including sample acidification.
- Independently prepare paperwork and materials in advance of study initiation
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
•Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline.
•Experience: 1-2 years related experience related laboratory experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment.
•An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
•Other: Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to Principal Scientist, coworkers and supervisors. Understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines under minimal direction. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations. Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Basic understanding of study design and protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet