Research Scientist I - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Research Scientist I for our Safety Assessment site located in Ashland, OH.
Serve as a scientist in the conduct of assigned nonclinical research studies of basic to moderate complexity, to include study management, interpretation and reporting of study data, and assuring the regulatory compliance of these projectsAbout Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Scientist I position.
- Serve as a study director in the direction and execution of assigned studies in compliance with GLP regulations as they apply to the conduct of nonclinical research.
- Participate in and coordinate all phases of the study planning process with appropriate departments.
- Generate high-quality protocols, amendments, and reports appropriate for assigned studies.
- Review, interpret, integrate, and present data on assigned studies, using the assistance of senior scientific staff as appropriate.
- Function as contact for the planning and execution of sponsor interaction related to assigned studies, including proposal management and study scheduling, conduct and reporting.
- Provide technical and scientific guidance to the research staff.
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet