Research Scientist- Fermentation - Development Vaccine Science & Technology - United States
- Our company is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production.
- We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 7,000 employees worldwide.
- Member of the VS&T team facilitating the efficient and timely progression of R&D projects according to agreed budgets and milestones through the practical application of scientific expertise and project leadership skills.
- Lead (or contribute as a functional representative assigned to) multi-disciplinary VS&T teams executing programs of work sponsored by the species teams.
- Enable the timely progression of VS&T projects through the practical application of scientific expertise which may include planning, protocol and FSR preparation, hands-on laboratory work or training and supervision of others.
- Actively support a culture of high accountability to the sponsor (Vaccine Species Teams) by role modeling company values and behaviors.
- Play an active role in ensuring a safe, compliant and productive working environment for all research associates.
- Master’s degree or PhD For PhD candidates, at least 2 years of practical experience of vaccine formulation development in the human or animal vaccine industry.
- For Master’s candidates, at least 10 years of practical experience of vaccine formulation development in the human or animal vaccine industry.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- 3 years of experience working in veterinary vaccines R&D
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise in formulation development
- Proven project leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the vaccines regulatory environment in US and/or EU
- Working knowledge of the USDA and GMP vaccines manufacturing environment
- Reports to: Team Leader, VS&TDirect reports: noneTech ladder eligible.
- Path and level consistent with current status of successful applicant Fort Dodge, IA. Occasional travel (mainly US).
- Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.