This job is currently Archived,
Research Scientist, Data Science and Protein Biochemistry - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world for those around us, for each other and for the next generation.
- We use science to advance industries, and as part of Corporate Functions, you will help empower the people and the business to deliver the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Research Scientist, Data Science and Protein Biochemistry
- Are you a skilled Data Scientist with competencies within data management, analytics and statistics – and do you have hands-on experience in experimental biophysics & biochemistry?
- Then we have the job for you! Protein Biochemistry and Stability is a highly collaborative department with 21 scientists and technicians which supports our projects with characterization data and in-depth knowledge to help guide candidate selection both in early and in late phase.
- We work in an international and dynamic environment with stakeholders across all sites and all functions in Research &Technology, and are uniquely positioned in the organization getting a broad overview of all industries and applications.
- We are looking for a self-driven team player to join our “late phase team” who can take our biochemical & biophysical analyses to the next level in terms of throughput, quality and communication of results.
- Your responsibility will be to work on the interface of generating experimental data in projects and develop data handling tools and processes to enable efficient conclusion making and visualizations.
In this positon you need to have:
- A master’s degree in Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Life Sciences or equivalent and preferably a PhD degree in any of these fields.
- Strong natural interest in data and data science and ability to perform data analyses and communicate the results.
- Knowledge or experience from real world data or Big Data within life sciences is considered an advantage.
- Strong grasp of descriptive and inferential statistics, and a proven experience in statistical design and analyses of medium/high throughput experiments and data.
- Programming experience (preferably in Python) and familiar with DB systems (e.g. SQL, non-SQL).
- Experience with Biophysical characterization of protein stability and protein aggregation using e.g. light scattering methods (DLS, SLS, MALLS), spectroscopy (Fluorescence, CD) and calorimetry (ITC, DSC) is an advantage.
- A positive attitude, be open-minded, have good interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills (written and spoken) to achieve results together with others.
- Fluency in English as you will work closely with colleagues of many different nationalities.
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.