Research Scientist Computational Biology and Epigenetics - Spain
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
We seek a talented computational scientist to specialize in analysis and interpretation of high-throughput epigenomic data to elucidate key aspects of therapeutic action. The insight gained will contribute directly to identification and development of novel therapies for complex diseases of unmet medical need.
The successful candidate will work closely with global research analytics and epigenetic biology teams to advance our research and development of novel therapeutic agents related to epigenetic mechanisms. The role will involve participation in the analysis and interpretation of experiments that capitalize on cancer therapeutic opportunities in epigenetics. A key area of research focus will be the integration of multiple genomic data types to produce a robust understanding of disease state or phenotype. In the context of therapeutic discovery, these efforts will yield novel high-confidence drug targets, and in the context of translational research, objectives include understanding mechanisms of response to our emerging therapeutics. Research Analytics activities focus on application of contemporary computational analysis methods to improve therapeutic outcomes for patient populations across a range of diseases. This position would involve considerable inter-disciplinary collaboration with colleagues across Research and academic collaborators. The successful candidate for this role will work closely with Research Analytics team members to define and execute projects, and to communicate discoveries to biology and clinical research teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform computational biology analysis for exploration and interpretation of high-throughput data including NGS and MS proteomics assays;
· Develop and implement state-of-the-art approaches for biological pathway and network analysis to elucidate the perturbation of cellular mechanisms;
· Engage in development of methods and platforms for integration of heterogeneous biological data towards answering broader scientific questions;
· Participate in the presentation and reporting of methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard; and
· Participate in wider group endeavors concerning the elucidation of compound mechanisms of action, drug resistance and prediction of target indications.
· PhD in computational biology / bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or related fields, with a firm grasp of genomics and/or genetics, from a recognized higher-education establishment;
- Post-doctoral research experience (2+ years) preferred in analysis, integration and interpretation of epigenomic and other high-throughput data (e.g. Histone & TF ChIP, DNA methylation, chromatin accessibility, proteomics and expression data);
- Familiarity with protein interaction/regulatory network collections and network/pathway based analysis methods to distil rational biological interpretation and functional insight from biological data;