Research Scientist - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our company Engineering Group to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering proteins used in gene editing – this includes design, expression and optimization.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- PhD with 3-5 years of post-doctoral training or industrial experience
- Strong background in protein engineering preferably with focus on mammalian gene therapy/editing, RNA biology, DNA repair or related field
- Protein purification and analytical skills (FPLC, Western, LC/MS
- A strong track record of success with, and direct hands-on experience with a broad range of cell and molecular biology techniques
- Proven ability to collaborate with peers and effectively work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, and with significant attention to detail
- 5 years’ experience in life sciences industry, with 3 years of demonstrated program management experience managing cross-functional product development teams
- Outstanding leadership and management skills with an integrated view of scientific and product development issues, and demonstrated passion for creating new medicines
- Advanced degree in the life sciences (PhD or MBA), and / or formal training in program/project management (PMP certification is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including MS PowerPoint and MS Project
- Detailed understanding of preclinical and early clinical product development for biologic, and regulatory requirements for IND and CTA filings and First-In-Human clinical trials
- Familiarity with cell and molecular biology techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for delivering important new medicines to patients with devastating diseases
- Prior experience in gene editing of mammalian cells and prior experience working in a biotech company
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail – Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data.
- Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Creativity/Innovation - Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently. Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Communication and Teamwork – Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context.
- Able to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion - Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of our company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.
- Results Orientation / Productive Work Habits – Drives issues to closure and gets the job done. Skilled at analyzing scope of work, as well as planning and executing a successful outcome. Understands and assigns / utilizes resources effectively and efficiently