This job is currently Archived,
Research manager Smart and High-Performance Machines Leuven Belgium,
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 25 April 2017
Define, write and coordinate research projects together with the program responsible and co-promoters, with a focus on more applied research projects and cooperative projects with industry partners
- examples: Vlaio Baekeland Mandates, Vlaio Innovation Mandates, Vlaio R&D projects, Flanders Make SBO and ICON projects, EU (Research &) Innovation Actions, EU Marie Curie Initial Training Networks &
Contribute to the strategy of the research groups
- example: set up internal coordination and internal dissemination meetings between the three thematic research groups.
Recruit, coach and motivate researchers
- contribute to the description and publication of vacancies (PhD, postdoc);
- coach and collaborate with doctoral researchers and postdocs.
Coordinate operational and financial management of the research groups
- coordinate research lab infrastructure selection, purchasing and operation.
Set up activities to valorise research results
- set up and intensify industry cooperation;
- patent applications, license agreement negotiations and setting up spin-off companies.
maintain and expand the network of the research groups together with the faculty members;
- represent the research groups within the strategic research center for the manufacturing industry (Flanders Make) in which faculty members are involved in Research Priority 'High-performance Autonomous Mechatronic Systems' and Research Priority 'Agile and Human-Centered Production and Robotic Systems';
- participate in and organize conferences, workshops and seminars;
- prepare scientific publications together with group members.
Build up and/or maintain expertise in a selected sub domain of the research groups
maintain or build up expert level so as to enable acting as (co-)supervisor for selected doctoral students within the research groups.
- The candidate has a strong expertise in Smart and high-performance machines, vehicles & human-centered robotic systems, with at least three years of post-doctoral experience.
- He/she should have substantial experience in multiple of the scientific expertise areas of the consortium (robust optimization and control for high-performance machines and vehicles, real-time and embedded software and control, cognitive machines and man-machine interaction, optimization techniques for planning and scheduling and for maintenance and care logistics) and have affinity with the application tracks mentioned above.
- The candidate has a track record on valorisation activities such as obtaining research funding on a national (Vlaio ...) and international (EU ...) level, setting up bilateral collaboration with companies, setting a spin-off company, negotiating license agreements, and has experience with coaching junior researchers.
- Ideally the candidate has experience in both university research and (high-tech) industry.
We offer a permanent full-time position in a flexible and competitive environment.
3000 Leuven Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates