Research Maintenance Associate Johnston United States,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
DuPont Pioneer Has an exciting new opportunity for a Research Maintenance Associate to join our Crop Genome Engineering Department in Johnston, IA. DuPont Pioneer offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
Steris, Primus, and Sterilmatic Autoclaves
- Preventative maintenance on autoclaves includes, but is not limited to replacing and rebuilding valves, solenoids, fuses, and plumbing.
Chromalox and Sussman Electric Boilers
- Preventative maintenance on boilers includes, but is not limited to replacing and rebuilding valves, solenoids, heating elements, contactors, relays, fuses, and wiring.
Hotpack, Lancer, and Steris Glassware Washers
- The ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and replace and repair faulty electrical components. Ability to diagnose and repair plumbing and pneumatic issues.
Better Built and Hotpack Glassware Dryers and Sterilizing Ovens
- The ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and replace and repair faulty electrical components.
E-Pure Water Purifiers
- Annual filter replacement on Central Services E-Pure Purifiers will be completed to ensure high quality water is supplied to the labs supported by Central Services.
- Utilizing Lock, Tag, Try procedures when working on energized equipment. Utilizing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, and staying up to date on all certifications and safety training.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2-5 years hands-on experience in steam systems, plumbing, electrical, or maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret a technical manual and schematics.
- Experience with single and 3 phase electrical systems, including 480V, 208V, 110V and 24V.
- Experience with copper and brass plumbing, including soldering.
- Must have good vision and hand-eye coordination.
- Must b able to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Clean driving record.
- History of regular attendance.
- Ability and willingness to obtain equipment-specific and trade-specific training and professional certification.
- Customer service and good communication.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Find a Job Find Candidates