Research Engineer in Thermo-Mechanics and Metallurgy - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The engineer will be in involved in the development of finite element software dedicated to manufacturing processes.
- For any of the project activities, the candidate is expected to develop the numerical methodologies up to industrial maturity.
- First of all, the candidate will mainly contribute to the development of the thermo-mechanical solver focusing on the Additive Manufacturing process.
- An emphasis will be put on the metallurgical effects induced by the process.
- As a member of the solver development team, the candidate will also have to tackle more general developments within the finite element software, write portable code, stick to development rules already in place and write relevant test cases.
- He/She will report to the project manager or to the team leader.
- Hold a PhD degree or equivalent research experience in engineering (Mechanical engineering, Materials science, …);
- Have advanced knowledge of microstructural evolution involved during manufacturing processing of metallic material;
- Have a good understanding of material behavior subjected to thermo-mechanical cycles;
- Have intermediated programming skills (Object oriented is a plus);
- Good communication skills (written and spoken);
- Be fluent in English and in French;
- Be a team player and have a proactive attitude.
Our company offers a position in growing and leading technological sectors, a direct relationship with their business actors and technical experts, a competitive salary package and a stimulating and dynamic work environment.