Research Engineer in Energy Efficiency and Systems - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The candidate will actively participate in long-term collaborative research projects and short or long-term services projects in the field of energy efficiency of systems, buildings and cities. This includes buildings dynamic simulation, simulation of HVAC systems and/or networks and development of reduced order models.
The candidate will be in charge of the development of new methodologies to answer the various challenges encountered in this field. The candidate is expected to adequately exploit existing software tools (such as, but not limited to, Energy+, Modelica, ...) and/or develop new tools and methods to reach the projects objectives.
The candidate should have a proactive attitude and be able to propose new ideas or solutions to answer demands of our research partners and clients and to support the development of the organization's technological know-how.
He/She will be part of the Energy & Buildings team, and will directly report to his/her team leader.
- Hold a Master or Doctoral degree in electrical/mechanical engineering, with a strong background in thermodynamics and energy systems;
- Demonstrate skills in scientific computing, scripting and programming;
- A background in statistics and/or optimization is a plus;
- Be fluent in English and French, both written and spoken;
- Have good organizational, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Be team player and have a proactive attitude.