This job is currently Archived,
Research Center Operations Lead France,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 26 December 2016
- The Operations Lead reports to the Site Lead and is a member of the Site Leadership Team supporting all aspects of operations
- The Operations Lead is responsible for all day-to-day operations across all groups at the Research Center.
- Serves as the liaison between all process leads at the center level and serves as the overall key contact for the center.
- Ensures safe, effective and efficient management of Research Center processes at the local level.
- Plans for Research resources (manpower, machinery, equipment and tools and facilities) needed to produce high quality data, on-time field operations, meet product advancement schedules.
- Provides overall direction to the on site operations and implements site strategy in collaboration with the Site Lead and Site Leadership Team.
- Plan, organize, and direct research operations to ensure the most effective use of assets while meeting research/business objectives; may include, but not limited to the management of: personnel, equipment, facility and land use.
- Manage research operations through subordinate staff that have full accountabilities for their respective area(s).
- Manages direct reports through motivation, recognition, leadership, employee development and team results. Participate in the labor planning for all regular, temporary, and seasonal research staff
- Drives operational improvements, metrics tracking and implementation of best practices through team members and along with peers.
- Hold regular team meetings to provide short term and long term task direction, along with timely business updates.
- Coach, support and develop employees on their team in a manner that fosters effective collaboration and teamwork, demonstrating and modeling the Core Values.
- Supervise SHE and quality assurance programmes implementation
- May participate in field activities as determined by specific location needs.
- May be involved with scientific studies to support breeding program or department per the employees interest and skill set (molecular breeding involvement, product advancement, regulated testing, disease related work, etc.)
- May serve on teams appropriate to cross project research initiatives
- Masters Degree or Bachelor s Degree in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study and 3 years of significant people and/or project management in an agricultural, manufacturing, engineering and/or technical environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including effective time management, prioritizing and delegation, are required. You must be able to lead, coach, inspire, support and motivate your team and always seeking to improve best practice.
- Requires ability to look several months forward to anticipate labor needs, resource needs, space requirements, etc.
- Research operations knowledge combined with priority management skills and the ability to supervise/handle multiple tasks at one time is critical.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills are required for fostering teamwork, enhancing a good working environment and effectively developing strong working relationships with a diverse group of people
- Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization and data analysis.
- Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean/Six Sigma.
- Based in a Research Center plus frequent visits to field locations. High workload with long hours and weekend work during seasonal peaks. Occasional travel within region.
France Centre Loir et Cher
Find a Job Find Candidates