- Our company is currently recruiting for a Research Associate.
- The Research Associate is a key member of a soybean breeding program responsible for development and testing of elite soybean (conventional and herbicide tolerant) varieties for Eastern Canada and the Northern U.S.
- Coordination of preliminary yield testing operations including experiment creation, location mapping, genotypic analysis, data collection and harvest.
- Assist with all daily operations associated with the entire soybean breeding program including seed preparation and shipping, seed inventory, planting, tissue sampling, pesticide applications, plot maintenance, data collection and nursery and yield testing harvest.
- Supervise and work alongside seasonal employees ensuring that they are properly trained and complete tasks accurately and on time
- Experience with field research and with the operation of small plot research equipment or farm machinery is preferred.
- Experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Office is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and work on multiple tasks throughout the day
- Excellent personal interaction skills and the ability to work individually or collaboratively as part of a team
- Physical requirements include the ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, standing for long periods of time and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- The position requires occasional travel with possible overnight trips and extended hours, including weekend work, during seasonal workload peaks. Additional travel may be necessary to assist at off-season nursery locations.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Driver’s license with a good driving record.