Research Associate Nanobody development - TEMP 1 year - Belgium
Looking for a Research Associate involved in making of Nanobody® based Pharmaceutical drugs
Ablynx is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to creating new antibody-based medicines called Nanobodies which will make a real difference to society. Ablynx has currently over 400 people working on the development of Nanobodies for the treatment of a wide range of diseases, including inflammation, haematology, respiratory disease, immuno-oncology and oncology.
The USP (Upstream Processing) department is an important unit that makes hundreds of different Nanobodies per year for the evaluation in different disease models. In addition we are strongly involved in the selection of the Nanobody medicines that will be evaluated in patients. A wide variety of activities are ongoing in the USP department ranging from cloning, working with recombinant bacteria and yeast (host creation); small and large scale productions including a simple shake flask, 2L fermentations, 100L steel fermentations, etc… . A multitude of assays are being used in the team including standard techniques for the development of biopharmaceutical medicines such as SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, Reverse Phase Chromatography, Size Exclusion and many others. The current USP team exist of 12 experienced people who will guide you through the complete process of Nanobody development and they will train you in the use of new technologies. We expect the candidate to be an enthusiastic team player eager to make and bring new Nanobody medicines to the patient. Candidates who want to strengthen the Upstream Processing Team should describe their knowledge in Molecular Biology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Protein Production and other experiences they find relevant and which shows their motivation for joining our team.
- Bachelor or Master degree in life sciences (such as Degree of Professional Bachelor in Laboratory Technology or Biotechnology (Laboratory Technician A1), Bachelor or Master in Industrial Sciences (Industrial Engineer), Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical sciences, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar)
- Hands-on mentality and comfortable with controlling high tech instrumentation
- Able to work independently and in team, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Good Sense for initiative, quality, accuracy and detail
- No previous experience in industry is required