Research Associate, Technical Service (1 year position) - Denmark
A brighter future:
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact.
- We use science to advance industries, and as part of the Food & Beverages division, you will provide biological solutions that help improve what the world eats and drinks.
Research Associate within Technical Service, EMA (1-year maternity cover)
- One of our research associates will soon go on maternity leave and we wish to fill her position on temporary basis (one year).
- We are seeking a talented and energetic person for our technical service team.
- The Technical Services team supports customers within the starch and ethanol industry in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- As a research associate you will work with our technical specialists on finding the right solutions for our customers ensuring and improving our customers' business.
- You will be part of a small team of research associates and technical specialists who work with a flexible structure with different tasks.
- Your tasks include preparations and performing assigned experiments as well as evaluating and reporting data to technical specialists.
- This includes the simulation of the process for starch production in lab scale and ethanol production within 1G, 2G and distilling.
- You will ensure that there is a quality in the experimental work and that it is well documented.
- The technical specialists travel a lot so you need to structure your daily work independently.
- Your work will include starch hydrolysis and saccharification trials; Doing fermentations 1st and 2nd generation biomass and distilling and various tasks in our pilot plant in co-operation with our technicians. You will also prepare reagents, standards and eluents; do HLPC analysis and work with data processing and reporting in Excel.
- Finally, you will do inspection and maintenance of laboratory equipment and lab related administrative tasks.
- We offer an exciting job in an informal, enthusiastic and international work environment.
In this position you need to:
- Be a qualified laboratory technician
- Be fluent in Danish and English both written and spoken
- Have experience with HPLC. HPLC superuser experience will be an added advantage
- Have knowledge of or experience with enzyme analytical and chemical analysis (an advantage)
- Have previous experience or knowledge in similar field (not a requirement)
- Be a team player and have good interpersonal skills also under pressure
- Be good at planning, be willing to take initiatives and show responsibility and a high engagement
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.