This job is currently Archived,
Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Liver Cell Biology Cambridge United States, London United Kingdom, Basel Switzerland,
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- We are seeking a highly-motivated, innovative, and collaborative Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing and well-financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases.
- The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of genetic therapies for a wide range of indications.
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, assay development, and mammalian cell culture is required.
- Experience with Cas9, NextGen Sequencing, and primary hepatocyte culture is highly desirable, but not required.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Perform research requiring cell biology techniques including mammalian and primary cell culture, transfection, cell-based assays and analysis
- Perform research requiring molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques including cloning, qPCR, mRNA and DNA analysis, DNA sequencing, ELISA and other plate-based assays, protein chemistry and analysis
- Gather and analyze experimental data under the direction of the research scientist or group leader, present to key stakeholders, as required
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities, as required
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant research experience
- Proficient in the relevant areas of cell and molecular biology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results oriented research team
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Keen on learning and applying new skill sets and techniques
- Cell culture experience with liver derived cell cultures and/or induced hepatocyte-like cells
- Experience with ELISA and FACS
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with NextGen Sequencing
- Prior experience working at the bench in close collaboration with a Research Scientist or Postdoc
- Organization / Attention to Detail - Maintains highly organized focus on research work, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation as well as complete follow through. Pursues all activities with diligence and completeness.
- Communication and Teamwork - Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual and oral context.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion - Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of our company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.
- Results Orientation / Productive Work Habits - Drives issues to closure and gets the job done.
- killed at analyzing scope of work, as well as planning and executing a successful outcome. Understands and assigns / utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
Cambridge MALondon UKBasel Switzerland
Find a Job Find Candidates