Research Associate/Sr Research Associate - United States
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact.
- We use science to advance industries, and as part of Agriculture & Bio-energy, you will work across the agricultural value chain to provide biological solutions that help feed and fuel a growing world.
Research Associate, Microbial Discovery
- Are you a self-motivated researcher who wants to be a part of our BioAg team developing beneficial microbes for agriculture?
- If so, you could be our new colleague in BioAg Microbial Discovery.
- You’ll be part of a dynamic team and will assist in the isolation, identification, characterization, and preservation of thousands of diverse microorganisms for BioAg applications.
- Duties of the position will primarily involve sample preparation and analysis, method development, and implementation in support of diverse microbial isolation projects. After capturing, mining, and analyzing data, you will summarize results for peers and stakeholders.
- For the right individual, this is a fantastic career opportunity with potential for personal and professional development.
In this position, you need to have/be:
- A M.S. in Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field.
- B.S. degree plus >2 years of work experience in the field is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and hands-on microbial laboratory experience is required.
- Knowledge and experience with microbe isolation techniques are preferred.
- Ready to work independently and learn new equipment, technology, and laboratory techniques.
- Excellent time management and organization and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to work in the U.S. now or in the future without sponsorship.
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.
- Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.