This job is currently Archived,
Research Associate Scientist - United Kingdom
Posted on : 28 May 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system.
- With more than 7,700 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 3.9 billion in 2015.
- Our company , recently recognised as the best employer with the Cogent Life Science Awards, is a fast growing global company with an investment of more than 25% of revenue in cutting-edge scientific research to meet unmet patient needs.
- We have a passionate, long-term commitment to discovering and developing innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
- Due to the ongoing exciting and varied portfolio of antibody therapeutic programmes, there are currently positions for talented individuals with an academic interest and experience within Downstream Process Sciences – Antibody Purification.
- This role will be responsible for the development of downstream processes for the recovery and purification of antibody-based therapeutics.
- The work will span the provision of Well-Characterized Processes supporting Drug Substance Manufacture at various stages of Drug Development, from Pre-clinical to Clinical Phase I, II and III studies, to Process Validation support activities.
- Undertake purification process development experiments for fundamental understanding of individual unit operations.
- Identify and evaluate new bio-process technologies.
- Participate in process technology transfer activities, from the bench to the manufacturing site.
- Identify and utilise appropriate analytical techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to analyse data, with good attention to detail.
- Effectively communicate findings to multi-disciplinary Process Development Teams.
- Excellent reporting and written communication skills, necessary for the provision of accurate and traceable documentation required to support drug development and regulatory filings.
- Applicants should have knowledge of various downstream processing tools, experience of chromatography and protein conjugation techniques, as well as a good understanding of analytical methods for assessing product purity.
- Interested candidates should have a strong Bachelors or PhD degree in a related field. Ideally, we are looking to identify candidates who are currently working within the Bio pharmaceutical Industry.
- This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Bio pharmaceutical industry.
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company.
- We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
- With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive.
- Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at our company.
Job Segment: Scientific, Research Associate, Clinical Research, Medical Research, Engineering, Research, Healthcare