This job is currently Archived,
Research Associate / Associate Scientist in Fermentation Beijing China,
Novo Nordisk (company)
Posted on : 20 March 2017
About the Department
- We are highly motivated and productive team with high standards for our deliveries into the projects and an increasing focus on flexible processes in our daily work.
- We work with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment and value a high team spirit, good communication and dynamic collaboration between both scientists and technicians.
- You will be involved in cross-functional project teams with colleagues from many different scientific backgrounds both in China and at our head quarters in Denmark.
- You will contribute to several research projects with responsibility production of recombinant proteins and for the development of scalable/economical protein fermentation processes.
- You will be reporting directly to the department head and/or scientists and your main internal contacts will be scientist colleagues, technicians and project members and managers.
- You will be part of a team in a highly dynamic and challenging environment within the company.
- Your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Recombinant protein expression
- Fermentation process development to improve process robustness and performance by suggesting and implementing process improvements.
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies for fermentation processes
- Participating in strain, process, and cost efficiency improvement efforts.
- xecute experiments and monitor processes to ensure consistency and reliability
- You hold a M. Sc. Or B. Sc. in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, microbiology or related discipline with additional academic or industrial training/experience.
- You must demonstrate strong experience in at least two of the following areas:
- bench-top and/or pilot plant fermenter operationstechnical background and direct hands-on experience with fermentation processes
- knowledge of microbial systems, physiology, bacterial metabolism and nutritional requirements
- Understanding of microbiology, and recombinant protein expression in microbial hosts,Experimental design and data analysis capabilities including Design of Experiments (DOE).
- You have an excellent track record of applied research
- You are responsible, motivated, flexible, and good at learning new technologies, result-oriented and a good team player.
- You are good at communicating, in both Chinese and English, able to meet deadlines.
Working with Us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better.
- In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
Find a Job Find Candidates