Research & Development
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world for those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of R&D, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers’ business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Research Associate/Research Assistant, BioAg Greenhouse Operations
Research & Development
Do you want to work in an environment in which creativity and challenging the status quo is as valued as scientific excellence? If so, you could be our new colleague in BioAg Greenhouse Operations – a highly motivated growing department within BioAg Application Development based in Salem. You will be responsible for the development of new microbial based products in the areas of biofertility, biopesticides and bio-yield enhancement. You will challenge conventions by developing innovative and sustainable products that help our customers produce more food, feed, fuel and fiber. From developing and running sophisticated experiments to building cross-functional networks, you’ll use your strong analytical and people management skills to turn today’s good idea into tomorrow’s business value.
In this position you need to have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Entomology Microbiology, or related discipline.
- 2-5 years’ experience in the aforementioned disciplines with an emphasis in microbe applications in agriculture, insect microbe interactions and/or microbial physiology.
- Experience in growing plants in a greenhouse environment; design of experiments and plant growth measurements is an asset.
- Experience with applied microbiology within a consumer or industrial product company preferred.
- Be able to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of science relevant to the Company.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship currently and in the future.
Application deadline: August 30, 2017
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.