This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 10 February 2017
- Our company is seeking a highly motivated individual who desires to be part of an innovative corn research team.
- The successful candidate will work in a cross-functional environment, interacting with members of Breeding and Molecular Breeding.
- The Research Associate will have the opportunity to support the research team in executing field trials and implementing breeding protocols.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge breeding technologies in cooperation with cross-functional scientists seeking to deliver the very best crop genetics.
- Support the local breeding programs for the implementation of corn nurseries, seed production and yield trials
- Manage research seed inventories and logistics
- Develop and maintain efficient processes, forecasts and plan the utilization of resources.
- Cooperate for the execution the testing program, including seed preparation, data collection and data analysis.
- Coordinate seasonal workers during seed preparation, planting, nurseries operations, data collection and harvest.
- Travel to yield trials sites and nurseries, including winter nurseries if necessary
- Minimum: B.S. degree in Agronomy and related fields
- Strong interest for plant breeding and availability to work in open field experiments
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, organizational and project management skills
- IT skills, including MS Excel and data management, and ability to become proficient in Corporate IT tools
- Travels within Northern Italy are expected, occasional international travels might be required.
- Proficient in English
- A valid driving license is required.
- Experience with corn breeding protocols and methods. Maize genetics, physiology and pathology knowledge.
- Molecular breeding methods basic knowledge.
Italy Lombardia Cremona
Find a Job Find Candidates